My Circa Sports Millions picks are off to a hot start at 4-1.
Lets hope I can keep the momentum rolling in Week 2.
NFL Week 2 is a tough slate.
Home field advantage is huge in the NFL and I found myself falling in love with road teams.
Let’s hope it does not come back to bite me!
After much deliberation, here are my 5 NFL Week 2 picks against the spread for the Circa Sports Million Contest.
The money looks to be pretty even.
Going back to the well with the Bills.
The Bills almost let me down Week 1 but they managed to pull off a miraculous comeback despite 4 turnovers to get the win.
Why I like the Bills
- I think the Bills are a good football team with a great defense.
- The Bills dominated the box score against the Jets, especially yards per play.
- Back to back road games should not be factor as the trip to MetLife Stadium from Buffalo is 368 miles.
- The Bills just made the same exact short trip last week. They should be familiar.
- The Giants defense is horrendous. The Bills should be able to generate more offense than last week due to a weaker defensive opponent and positive turnover regression.
- Eli Manning and the Giants offense is below average. I expect the Bills defense to limit the Giants offense.
- At -1, I fully expect the Bills to win this game and cover.
The money is currently favoring a Steelers bounce back.
I hate to be on such a consensus pick in the Steelers but there is too much to like about this game for me to pass up.
Why I like the Steelers
- The Steelers are not as bad as they showed against the Patriots.
- The Seahawks are a run first team with limited receiving weapons. This is not a recipe for success in today’s NFL.
I really like the Steelers get get a bounce back win at home to avenge an embarrassing loss to the Patriots.
The Seahawks bad offensive line and struggles away from home lead me to believe the -4 can be covered.
Little money on the Broncos
Why I like the Bears
- We were not giving enough credit to the 2018 Bears defense and too much credit to Vic Fangio.
The Bears defense is still elite!
- Vic Fangio is struggling to implement his defensive gameplan in Denver.
- Joe Flacco is a bottom tier and immobile QB. I see the elite Bears defense eating him alive in the pocket.
- Mitchell Trubisky and Matt Nagy have had extra prep time to bounce back from their embarrassing offensive performance.
- I believe Nagy will scheme enough offense to put some points on the board.
- The Bears have extra rest from Thursday and Broncos have negative rest from the Monday Night Football game.
Lots of love for the Packers!!!
- The Packers Matt LaFleur offense does not inspire me.
- A great Bears defense limited the Packers and I believe the stout Zimmer lead Vikings defense can do the same.
- The Vikings have weapons to score points.
- This should be a low scoring matchup of division rivals.
The Vikings look like a more complete team at this point in the year.
Give me the Vikings and a field goal!
Too Much Support for the Raiders!
Everybody loves the Raiders!
So one good game from Oakland and a Tyreek Hill injury is really going to make the Raiders a trendy pick!?!?!
I didn’t get it with Carolina last week and I don’t get it with Oakland this week.
Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are running a historic offense.
Sammy Watkins is playing at his full potential and makes the Hill injury less of a concern.
The Raiders lead the NFL in total points against last year and lost star rookie safety Johnathan Abram.
This is a recipe for Chiefs points.
I see the Chiefs winning and scoring plenty along the way.
IF Chiefs -6.5 against the Raiders is the Hill I’m going to die on… so be it!
You can find my teaser picks for NFL Week 2 on the Free Picks & Record page.
Last week my teasers and one under play went 5-1!